[Users] Color for unread messages?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 07:07:59 CEST 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:43:00 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> dijo:

>On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:28:02 -0700
>John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:23:16 -0400
>> Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> dijo:
>>
>> >Hey there,

>> > 1) Left-click the Configuration menu.
>> > 2) Choose Pre-processing... by left-clicking it.
>> > 3) Type Unread messages into the Name box.
>> > 4) Left-click the Define... button to the right of the Condition
>> > box. 5) Left-click the Match criteria selector.
>> > 6) Choose Flags by left-clicking it.
>> > 7) The Flag selectors should automatically say that Unread is set.
>> > If they don't, left-click them to choose those values. 8)
>> > Left-click the Add button. 9) Left-click the OK button.
>> >10) Left-click the Define... button to the right of the Action box.
>> >11) Left-click the Action selector (it should say Move by default).
>> >12) Choose Color label by left-clicking it.
>> >13) Left-click the Color selector (it should say None by default).
>> >14) Choose one of the colors by left-clicking it.
>> >15) Left-click the Add button.
>> >16) Left-click the OK button.
>> >17) Use the Up button if you want to move the rule up above another
>> >rule. 18) Click the OK button.
>> >
>> >Enjoy your colorful unread messages! (:
>>
>> Great!
>>
>> Except for one small problem: After reading a message it stays
>> colored. :(
>
>I had that same problem. Plus I put a different color for "New" and
>that never showed up. Even when I deleted these, the color remained.
>

>> I suppose I can go back through the instructions and look for a
>> "read" option and then apply black to it. I'll try that later - late
>> for class at the moment.
>
>There's no flag for "Read", and there's no color label "Black". I may
>end up deleting all the config I just put in. By the way, I'm using
>Claws 3.7.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04.

I just gave up and went back to using bold. Michael's suggestion worked
but you have to leave the folder and come back before the color changes
on the read messages.

Some day the color options will be in the main preferences by the
fonts. When that happens I'll try again. The current possibilities are
very powerful, but also very complicated for a simply guy like me to
use.