[Users] configuring IMAP for dovecot server

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:04:25 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:52:17 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:46:49 +0200
> Renato <rennabh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > ah, I put that in and forgot to take it out. However leaving it
> > empty doesn't solve the problem.
> >
> > I also tried adding the namespace you suggested in the other mail in
> > dovecot.conf, but it didn't help neither.
> >
> If you do the following what do you get

this:

$ telnet 192.168.0.121 143
Trying 192.168.0.121...
Connected to 192.168.0.121.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready. ? login renato pw
? OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS
SPECIAL-USE] Logged in ? list "" *
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
? OK List completed.