[Users] Opening link in Firefox

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Wed Mar 21 05:40:11 CET 2012

> >> Yes, in Firefox Preferences the box is checked for "When I open a
> >> link in a new tab, switch to it immediately." And this is what
> >> happens when I click on a link in a Firefox page.
> >
> >But it does not seem to happen for me even when i call firefox
> >-new-tab from a commandline. So this should be a firefox bug.
>
> Hmm.
>
> When I started this thread on January 11 I had Firefox 10.0.2 on the
> Fedora laptop. Claws Mail would open the link in a new tab, but not
> bring up the window.
>
> Today on my desktop computer with Lucid and Firefox 10.0.2, Sylpheed
> 3.0.2 does open the tab and bring up the Firefox window.
>
> This suggests that it is not in Firefox.
>
> However, Fedora and Ubuntu are quite different. Perhaps there are
> system settings somewhere that are causing the problem, although I
> don't have a clue where to start looking.
>
> Are there other users here with Fedora? Does clicking on a link bring
> up the Firefox window as well as loading the tab? How about users of
> other distros?

I use OpenSUSE 12.1 and KDE. I'm having no problems at all, except that
firefox opens a window behind the claws window and I have to shift
focus.

My setting are configured in the desktop settings.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.