[Users] Opening link in Firefox

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 04:42:15 CET 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 04:18:43 +0100
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> dijo:

>> Yes, in Firefox Preferences the box is checked for "When I open a
>> link in a new tab, switch to it immediately." And this is what
>> happens when I click on a link in a Firefox page.
>
>But it does not seem to happen for me even when i call firefox
>-new-tab from a commandline. So this should be a firefox bug.

Hmm.

When I started this thread on January 11 I had Firefox 10.0.2 on the
Fedora laptop. Claws Mail would open the link in a new tab, but not
bring up the window.

Today on my desktop computer with Lucid and Firefox 10.0.2, Sylpheed
3.0.2 does open the tab and bring up the Firefox window.

This suggests that it is not in Firefox.

However, Fedora and Ubuntu are quite different. Perhaps there are
system settings somewhere that are causing the problem, although I
don't have a clue where to start looking.

Are there other users here with Fedora? Does clicking on a link bring
up the Firefox window as well as loading the tab? How about users of
other distros?