[Users] plug-in feature request

Uwe mm at edor.eu
Tue Mar 20 13:36:56 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 00:04:57 +0100
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Mo, 19.03.2012 22:22, Uwe wrote:
>
> >It is very handy, if you use the gnome address book. As for me,
> >because I have a Funambol sync between my smartphone and my desktop.
> >So the addresses are available in claws mail compose window.
>
> Does it work for you? Is it still working in GNOME 3? The plugin is
> not very well maintained (in fact, I haven't looked at it for a while
> now - I switched to Google and the gdata plugin for my addressbook).

Yes, it is working well, but I'm still on Gnome2. I do not use google
for my contacts and calendar, because I like to have my privacy on my
own machine. Just installed locally my own funambol server and syncing
with the evolution address book and calendar.
And your plug-in is at time the only possibility to use the open -sync
stuff, with claws mail.

On gnome3 could work as well, if the evolution stuff get installed, but
I didn't test it so far.