[Users] claws crashing when sending on Fedora 16 with new KDE rpms

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Mon Mar 19 20:56:56 CET 2012

Last night I did a yum update and got a lot of kde 4.8.1 rpms on my Fedora 16
boxes.  No changes to claws-mail.  Now claws-mail crashes when I try to send
when I'm running in KDE, although it seems to be fine in gnome.

I've posted a message on the kde at lists.fedoraproject.org (and sent the abrt
stuff to Redhat's bugzilla), but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone
else has encountered this or has any suggestions about working around it
(other than switching to gnome or something like that).

The message does seem to get sent.  Claws shows "Scanning folder
avrunin at ext.math.umass.edu/Queue" at the bottom and then dies.
(avrunin at ext.math.umass.edu is the name of the account.)

Thanks,

  George