[Users] insert signature above cited message

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Sat Mar 17 13:46:18 CET 2012

Frank Busse <frank at busse.oche.de> on Sat, 2012/03/17 13:34:
> Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:05:26 +0100 Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> > Configuration -> Preferences... -> Compose -> Templates
>
> My template for Reply currently is...
>
> 	%d %f wrote:
> 	%Q
>
> ... and seems to contain no instruction to insert the signature. However,
> it in fact /is/ inserted (below the quotation).

%cursor or %X is for the cursor, %as for the signature. You can get more
symbols and commands by pressing the "Information" button.

> Inserting the signature instead is set in Konfiguration -> Einstellung für
> aktuelles Konto -> Konto -> Verfassen (German version, sorry. Translates to
> something like Configuration -> Current Account Setup -> Account ->
> Compose).

You have to disable this when adding the signature to your template.
This brings the drawback the the signature is not changed if you change the
account in compose window.

> > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFU
>
> I am used to inline quoting, but usually /in addition/ keep the full
> quotation below. (But, please, no discussion on quotation style in this
> thread!)

I don't want to discuss, just give the link. ;)
I know a lot of people who produce TOFU (for the English speaking
that do not understand: this is the German short form for "Text above,
full quote below") just because the do not know how to do it right. Sadly it
is common in German business mails.
--
Best regards,
Chris