[Users] New mail notification issues

Kertesz Laszlo laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:03:31 CET 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 10:37:12 +0100
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:29:46 +0200
> Kertesz Laszlo <laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > As a result i dont get notifications about them when they arrive, only
> > the tray icon shows unread mail (the "message" graphc is horizontal).
> >
> It is a bug in the GMail IMAP implementation. gmail does not
> distinguish between new and unread emails. Or more bluntly, gmail only
> distinguishes between read and unread messages in which case sorting
> new mails from unread mails is impossible.

I found a workaround for the notifications: create a filter for the gmail account, set condition to
"unread"
and action to
execute "/usr/bin/notify-send -i /usr/share/pixmaps/claws-mail-128x128.png 'You have new mail messages'"

It works on xfce, it should work on gnome (at least 2.x).

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo