[Users] New mail notification issues

Kertesz Laszlo laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:29:46 CET 2012

Hello,

I use claws mail 3.8.0 on Debian. I have 2 imap accounts configured,
one gmail and one from another server and some rss feeds. Now my issue
is that the incoming messages in the gmail account are not marked as new
unread (blue) instead they are bold black - still unread but not "new".

As a result i dont get notifications about them when they arrive, only
the tray icon shows unread mail (the "message" graphc is horizontal).

The other account and the rss feeds works just fine, i get notify-send
messages when new messages arrive, they are blue bold (new unread) and
the message graphic in the tray icon is at 45 degrees.
I dont have any folder exclusions regarding notifications in the
settings. Both the "execute command on receive" (i set a notify-send
command here) and the notification plugin behave the same.

I have some filters set up on the gmail server, do they affect the
status of the received messages? Other mail clients have no such issues.

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo