[Users] How to search folders recursively?

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 16 02:04:27 CET 2012

Steve,

> Hi all,
>
> I could have sworn somebody already answered this question

probly was my question...

>  How do you search not only a folder, but its subfolders

I think the 'search folder' dialog does not provide that (yet).

There is one way with 'quicksearch' (clicking the little magnifier glass icon above the mesdsage text window). Just select the top folder, and do the search. It will indicate the folders with hits by changing the preceding icon in the folder list (into a magnifier glass).
Note i had a probolem with a non default old gtk theme which did not show those folder icons at all.