[Users] How to suggest automatic visibility of images?

seelenhirt seelenhirt at gmx.net
Mon Mar 12 21:05:47 CET 2012

> > On some email clients, you can tell an email you're composing to
> > suggest automatic display of an attached graphic, on the receiving
> > client. How do you do that in Claws-Mail?
>
> It feels good to climb onto the soapbox from time to time:
>
> <soapbox>
> I hope something like that does not exist because if anyone ever sent
> me such an email I might feel like throttling them.
> </soapbox>
>
> (:
>
> I don't know exactly how it's done, but you'd probably have to set up
> an action (Configuration --> Actions...) that executes a script to
> check your outgoing mail for graphics and add one or more lines of
> text to the ones it finds before they get sent. Hopefully someone
> else in here will jump in and offer details from personal experience.

I think what Steve is looking for is the content-disposition MIME
header as described in RFC 2183 (or look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME#Content-Disposition).

Claws does not handle display of messages accordingly to this RFC per
default - It shows images inline even if content-disposition is
"attachment".

I'm not sure if you can set the disposition type when composing a
message.

Regards,
Marius