[Users] [SOLVED]Re: Problem with CM address Book-Paul or Colin?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Mar 5 13:38:40 CET 2012

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 23:13:22 -0800 Thomas Taylor wrote:

>Thanks for the response Pierre;
>Although your answer didn't fix the problem, it did get me to thinking
>along a different line.  I ended up having to open each of the
>addrbook#.xml files to determine which ones contained the data I
>wanted.  I then had to edit addrbook-index.xml, changing the filenames
>there to reflect what I wanted. That did the trick.
>
>Tom

Glad it helped, Tom...  I fell asleep before sending a follow-up as I'd
realized by examining my own files that my info was marginal.

Looking at my own addrbook files, it appears that the index file defines
the "Sources" list. which makes sense.  The only oddity I didn't expect
when I sent the WAG, is that the addressbook.xml file is not listed in
the index file.  That file also has a blank line where the
    <address-book name="NAME">
line normally resides; but my addressbook.xml does contain:
    <common_address>
    <personal_address>
sections which get merged with the addrbook files...

I now suspect addressbook.xml may be the original address file (from SC
days) because mine only contains 4 entries which would be the ones I
would have started with years ago.

Never too late to learn more...  :)

Pierre