[Users] Email privacy Tester

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 09:00:41 CET 2012

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:10:25 +0100
Gregor Horvath <gh at gregor-horvath.com> wrote:

> I've just tested
>
> https://grepular.com/email_privacy_tester/
>
> When I open the test email with claws html viewer with images
> disabled I get:
>
> Test succeeded. If you can see this message then your email client
> is leaking information about when you read your email and which IP
> you read it fromStatus: 404 Content-Length: 2696 Content-Type:
> text/html; charset=UTF-8

You didn't say which html rendering plugin you were using. But, if
you allow remote content in the settings, then there's no surprise
that the test succeeded.

OTOH, the fancy plugin does let a few things through even when it
should not. GTKHTML2 Viewer doesn't let anything through. And, of
course, not using an html rendering plugin doesn't let anything
through.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune