[Users] Strange behavior since last OS upgrade

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 21:04:21 CEST 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:57:55 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote about Re: [Users] Strange behavior since last
OS upgrade:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:43:10 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Ever since that most recent operating system upgrade, anytime I click
> > on a link in CM messages, it immediately transfers me to the Firefox
> > window.  In the past I could click on several links before later
> > transferring to FF to read the links.
> >
> > Upgrade from openSuSE 12.2-M3 to openSuSE-ẞ1
> > Firefox went from 11.0 to 13.0
> > Claws-Mail version did not change!!
>
> Hello Thomas,
>
> did your desktop environment (version or otherwise) change? AFAIK,
> "focus stealing" is feature of window manager. For example, KDE has a
> few settings dealing with "focus stealing prevention".
>
> Kind regards,

Hi Andrej,
Thank you for the reply.  Yes, the version of KDE did increase and I haven't found
the settings regarding focus stealing.  Would you be kind enough to point out to me
those which you know about?  Kwin is the window manager and I have casually perused
its configuration files but not been able to find applicable items, most likely
because I don't know precisely what to look for.

Tom

--
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world
remains and is immortal.”  Albert Pine

Tom Taylor - retired penguin
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 12.1x86_64    openSUSE 12.2x86_64
KDE 4.7.2, FF 7.0      KDE 4.8.4, FF 13.0
claws-mail 3.8.0
registered linux user 263467
linxt-At-comcast-DoT-net