[Users] IMAP eqvt for "Receive Size Limit"

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:16:33 CEST 2012

Is there any way in IMAP to get the effect of the "receive size limit"
setting in POP3?  I have lots of large messages in gmail and trying to
set it up over IMAP is proving to be a real pain.  Most of those
messages are not really needed on the desktop (in "imapcache"), and
I'd be happy to have the download happen "on demand" (i.e. when I
click on such a message).

I don't even mind if there's a way to say "get headers only" and defer
getting the bodies till I click.

any hints appreciated.  (Note: I have no filters running or even
defined on this machine.  Same for pre- and post-processing and folder
rules).

--
Sitaram