[Users] number of widgets per row on address (to/cc/...) fields

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 19:29:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm a recent convert from Thunderbird, pulled in by the search feature
being much nicer (for me anyway).  At present I like *everything*
about claws, except the mail compose window.

This window is (my subjective opinion) very annoying for keyboard-only users.

Specifically, navigating from one address line to the next requires 4
tab keys, because there are 4 widgets on each row.  TB gives you the
same function [1] with 2 widgets.

This makes several tasks require more keystrokes than they *should*.
Anyone who also has TB somewhere can compare keystrokes for the
following activities:

  - new email, add 2 addresses, subject, body
need to add a couple of others into the cc/to
  - same but you realise you need to remove some of the existing recipients
(and variations of such operations).

Can we have an option to remove the first and last widgets (in tab
order) on each address row?

[1] custom headers cannot be simply typed but can be added into the
config so they also appear in the drop-down.

--
Sitaram