[Users] IMAP search of message body causes download of mails

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Thu Jul 26 14:51:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

I noticed that searching messages bodies through
Edit->Search Folder... causes a massive stream of incoming data that
ends in the imapcache. Therefore I assume that claws is actually
searching the mails locally and not on the server - which also
explains why search is slow on big folders. As far as I know server side
search is supported by both dovecot and courier-imap, so I wonder if
this is a configuration issue of claws or the IMAP server, or if this
feature is currently just not supported (it seems to work using other
clients, so the server side is probably ok).

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Gmelin