[Users] Alternate mailbox locations?

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Wed Jul 25 01:33:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:24:35 -0700
Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am needing to access some old emails that are on a backup drive.
> They are in MH format (just "Mail" folder copied).
>
> Not sure if they can just be copied from the backup or need to be
> imported somehow.  If they are just copied, what happens to the
> values in the folders view?
>
> Suggestions?

That's a really good question, I'd be curious to know how others handle
it. I don't think just copying them would be a good plan, because
they're saved as individual files that are identified by a number. I'm
not sure how to even be able to sync Mail folders. What I've done when
I have a backup that isn't always kept up-to-date is just rename the
backup folder to something like mail2, and then you could select the
option under > File to >Add Mailbox

I actually just tested that, and it works just dandy. I think it's
going to look for the MH folder under your /home/yourname directory,
which is where I copied Mail2. So now I'm showing Mail (MH) and all
it's subfolders, and under all that is Mail2 (MH) with it's subfolders.
Now I just need to remove Mail2, without confusing things too much. :-/

Cia W.