[Users] gmail with imap issue

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Sat Jul 21 20:12:15 CEST 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:27:31 +0200
Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to move from tbird to claws-mail. Now i'm faced with a
> real regression:
> Posting to MLs does not show my own sent mail, it's just stored on
> Sent folder.
> Probably related, it's not possible to send mails to yourself account,
> it's just stored in Sent folder.
> I followed your guides for gmail configuration, somehow this is not
> working. Any help would be really appreciated, else i cannot use
> claws-mail. In Thunderbird it works just fine.

Hi Tobias,

Any e-mail that you send, whether it is to a person or to a
mailing list (it really should not matter), are in the main "Sent"
folder afterwards. I just tested it with Claws and that is where a copy
of the message was stored.

There is also a subset of folders beginning with "Gmail" which includes
a "Sent Mail" folder, but that folder seems to be used for e-mails sent
with the Gmail Android app and not via a desktop e-mail client.

Ed

--
Sent with Claws Mail - http://www.claws-mail.org/