[Users] PPA

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Fri Jul 6 20:37:12 CEST 2012

Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:08:11 -0400 <edwardp at linuxmail.org> napísal:

> Does the Ubuntu PPA also work with Debian 6 (Squeeze)?  If so, are
> there any adjustments required for the "deb" commands?

there are often problems with dependencies, but you can be success. On PPA
is info for setting the PPA. I sugest create separate file for any PPA
in /etc/apt/source.list.d directory. Filename must ends with ".list". On
the PPA page are information about the secure apt key too.

Better seems to download source package from PPA and rebuild it for your
machine. There are sometime problems with build dependencies too, but no
often. After build dependencies are installed (solved), it must be no
problem build package by:

debuild

and after success build install desired packages in parent dir by

dpkg -i ../*.deb

IMHO, the latest CM's debian packages are in unstable
http://packages.debian.org/sid/claws-mail

regards

--
Slavko