[Users] Small picture in e-mails?

insomniactoo at localnet.com insomniactoo at localnet.com
Mon Jul 2 17:02:06 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:05:03 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 06:33:43 -0500
> Ima Afrotrap <afrotrap at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ima,
>
> >  Well known to people who've used a gmail account for *some* lists,
> > perhaps, but not generally known to the world at large or I'd have
>
> It's even in the gmail support documentation;
> <http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=82454>.

  But you see, I've had no need to read that, or any, documentation about it or
  about gmail in general, since it usually just works. Most people, in general,
  don't bother with documentation if something as simple as e-mail is supposed
  to 'just work' instead of doing silly and dumb things like gmail seems to do
  with some lists.

  Either way, I've made it a non-headache to worry about as I don't like to
  mess with something that can't keep to the KISS principle, heh.

> >  You mean to say you don't think I know all the lists I belong to and
> > which e-mail accounts I use? Of course I'm sure!
>
> It's known that gmail doesn't echo stuff back to the sender that is
> transmitted from that same gmail address and, as can be seen from the
> cited document, other email addresses under certain circumstances.  What
> I meant is, do those MLs where you are getting stuff via the gmail
> account also use some sort of redirect from a different email account?

  I have no idea about that. All I know is that I'm on 9 other ML's and
  on 5 of those I use two gmail accounts (one being the afrotrap of course) and
  they show up so I can see them.

  John