[Users] Privacy issue (was Webmail support in Claws Mail )

alb348 at gmail.com alb348 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:47:17 CET 2012

 >You're saying over and over that it is a privacy violation by the SMTP
protocol? Can you state any source, that the SMTP protocol forces the
MTA to put the Sender's IP into the sent email?

I did read it somewhere. Give me some time. I will try to find it.

 >What you are describing is just a workaround for GMail, not more not
less. We're not talking about something generic (since even sending over
a webinterface the MTA would be able to put your IP address into the
sent email). Google is just nice enough not to put your IP address into
the sent E-Mail when you're sending it over the web interface. That's
what they do right now. That may change any day. It's not my decision
nor is it yours. It's up to google to decide which headers will be put
into the sent email.

Basically, what you are saying is that coding this workaround is not
worth the trouble just because Google may change the things at any time.
Of course it can. Of course there are no guarantees that it will work
forever. I can't argue with that. I just though that it would be nice to
have this workaround available now, as long as it works, given its great
usefulness.