[Users] Privacy issue (was Webmail support in Claws Mail )

alb348 at gmail.com alb348 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:06:07 CET 2012

Hannes Schüller (hannes at yllr.net) wrote:

 >I'd hardly call using a commercial webmail provider "optimal" with
respect to privacy.

Nonetheless, in my opinion this is still the best possible balance you
can get between simplicity and security.

Sure, if you send your data through a Google's webmail, Google (like any
other provider) will read all your contents, and use them (even if they
don't admit ot openly). On the other hand, leaving the things as they
are now, as I explained in my earlier email, is much worse, because
passing through a regular SMTP will seriously compromise your privacy.