[Users] Webmail support in Claws Mail

alb348 at gmail.com alb348 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:10:15 CET 2012

Hi

could Claws Mail access webmail accounts *as webmail*?
What I mean is that, in addition to using the POP3/IMAP protocols to
retrieve and manage your mail locally, you would also have 'links',
within Claws Mail, to those webmail accounts (possibly, with
notifications for new mail); by clicking on those links, the relevant
webmail account would open *as webmail* (HTML and all), without the user
having to enter username and password (which were previously provided
and have been stored). This could be accomplished either via HTML
support provided by Claws Mail, or by opening the webmail account via an
external browser (feeding the username and the password to the browser,
so that the webmail account opens right away, without asking anything).
This solution (already implemented in Thuderbird's Webmail add-on) is
very useful if you have many accounts, and saves a lot of time.
Thunderbird's implementation works great.
I am proposing this as a new feature in Claws Mail.

Cheers

Alby