[Users] Claws 3.7.9 on Ubuntu 11.10 with gnome-shell

Sigrid Carrera sigrid.carrera at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:54:40 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a very strange behaviour with Claws:

I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my netbook and I automatically
installed my preferred mailclient: Claws in the version 3.7.9 from the
Ubuntu repositories.

Now I wanted to create my filter rules again, but I could create only
one rule at a time. When I tried to create a second filter rule, I was
only able to click on "Create Filter rule > Automatically" but I could
not select the folder where those mails should go to. I also wasn't
able to close the window. Only possible way to end this, was to kill
claws from the terminal.

So what I had to do was the following:
- Open Claws
- Create 1 Filter rule
- Close Claws
- Open Claws
- Create 1 Filter rule
- Close Claws

Is this known? Is this because I'm using gnome-shell? Does anyone have
a better solution?

Thanks for any hints you can give.

Sigrid