[Users] Filtering on language

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 06:11:22 CET 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:00:26 -0800
sylpheed at 911networks.com dijo:

>The problem is that since I don't know the language, I don't know
>what the equivalent of the common vowels: "aeiou"

Wikipedia will give you the breakdown on the phonology of just about
any language, together with the writing system.

I have found a more efficient method. Every time I get a spam in a
language that I do not know, I just copy and paste some of the words
into a filter rule. Spam that contains the message in English as well
is especially helpful, as it acts as a Rosetta stone, allowing me to
select the foreign term for things like "sexy," "lingerie," and the
like. It doesn't take long before you have enough rules to block almost
all the spam arriving in the various languages.