[Users] What happens ...

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 18 22:39:16 CET 2012

I looked into the wikipedia 'Mail_server' and related articles but could not find a statement that clarifies this (simple enough for me). But it say, "An MTA implements both the client (sending) and server (receiving) portions of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol." and i am wondering if that means the MTA is also doing the POP.

The other possibility revealed is a mail submission agent (MSA), but again, i do not really understand the explanations.

ps. Funny enough, www.en.wikipedia.org made the todays' emergency redirect (because of the new critical US laws to come) a javascript, so i simply do not see the alert because i have noscript addon in firefox. I wonder if all the >2,000,000 other noscript users simply never see it, and anyone running IExplorer with secure settings. Ö...