[Users] Reply-to-mailing-list not working as expected

Tanja Roth taroth at suse.de
Mon Jan 9 10:48:23 CET 2012

Hi,

On 2012-01-07 11:59 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:45:57 +0100
>Tanja Roth <taroth at suse.de> wrote:
>
>> I use Claws Mail with openSUSE 12.1 and XFCE. Recently, I found that
>> there is a "reply to mailing-list" function (and I added it to my
>> toolbars) but it does not work as expected. For example, when I
>> want to reply to a message that was posted on a mailing list (and
>> contains a CC to my mail address), "reply to mailing-list" fills in
>> the sender's mail address as recipient (and *not* the ML).
>>
>> Did I miss any point or is it a bug?
>
>Probably the mailing list in question does not use the standard
>mailing list headers, i.e. the List-Post: header.

nope, just checked: the list(s) have the standard mailing list
headers. But when looking at the mails where this happens (the ones with
additional Ccs and Tos), I noticed that those do _not_ include
the List-Post: header. This is probably due to the fact that I set
"Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" to "Yes" in the respective
mailman options for those lists...

Cheers,
  Tanja