[Users] Control of folder-depth for opening folders in the "Select folder" window when copying or moving messages

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 05:25:13 CET 2012

Hey there,

Holger Berndt wrote:
> Little Girl wrote:

> >Claws Mail can rest assured that I know what's in the other levels

> Expanded folders are included in the type-ahead search, so
> having everything expanded is especially useful when you already
> know what's there.

I'm not sure I understand this, since I know what's there, and having
it open isn't necessary if I do. (:

> Personally, I always move messages with by Ctrl-O plus typing a few
> letters.

That's the thing. We all have our ways of doing things, and we like
to keep doing them that way. I use the context menu. You use keyboard
commands. Others drag and drop.

> If the folder selection window had the same expanded/collapsed
> structure as the folder tree itself, I don't really see the point in
> opening it in the first place. In that case, it's easier to just use
> the folder tree directly with drag&drop, isn't it?

For you, yes. I'm no good at dragging, and always end up putting the
stuff in a folder above or below the target and then have to hunt for
the file and try again. The context menu, for me, is an exercise in
precision. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.