[Users] encoding of the displayed message

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Sat Jan 7 13:34:27 CET 2012

Ahoj,

Dňa Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:57:29 +0000 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> napísal:

> That message you attached is broken, it doesn't state that it's UTF-8
> encoded. It should have the following header:

i agree, but this mail is not created by me, but by fcron and correcting
the frcon is out of my knowledge.

> There is a hidden option to fix the display of such messages,
> 'utf8_instead_of_locale_for_broken_mail'. This is in
> ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc, set this to 1 while Claws is not running. (You
> may prefer to use Clawsker, http://www.claws-mail.org/clawsker.php)

thanks, it works for these messages :-)

but, now here is have another related question, this option name suggests,
that the UTF-8 will be used and not the locale one. But my locale already
is UTF-8:

$locale
LANG=sk_SK.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=sk_SK.UTF-8:sk:cs

The CM doesn't use the environment's locales or i am wrong?

regards
--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk