[Users] encoding of the displayed message

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Sat Jan 7 08:55:13 CET 2012

Hi,

some time ago, we are talking about encoding of the PGP inline notice. Now
i am playing with fcron (the anachronistic cron replacement), with simple
jobs, which are echoing some texts only, to i can see what (and when) is
doing.

In job's echo i am using localized texts, which are mailed (attached) at
scheduled time. Reading these text via mail command in console is without
any problems, but these mails are in CM displayed with bad encoding. The
original text (no matter what this mean) is:

"úloha z noci, mala by byť zmeškaná"

but in CM is displayed as:

"Ăşloha z noci, mala by byĹĽ zmeĹĄkanĂĄ"

Strange is, that the same text is in Subject, but the subject is displayed
correctly. Displaying source of the message displays correct characters.

I know that here is not encoding defined in message body. I think, that
here is some default encoding used to display the message. But while both
ends of communication are on the same machine, i am expect that they uses
the same encoding, but perhaps i have some missconfigurated.

Please, what i can do, to correct displaying the message body?

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk