[Users] Spell Checking Question

Thu Jan 5 14:56:40 CET 2012

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:47:54 +0100
Tanja Roth <taroth at suse.de> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> one more question for today: I would like to use an alternate spell
> checker (since I regularly write in two different languages), but
> I can only choose between several variants of English in the spell
> checker preferences (en, en_CA, en_GB, and en_US).
>
> What do I need to do to make Claws show different languages as
> spell checking options? Where does Claws take this information from?

Claws uses Enchant for spell-checking, which is described as a "Wrapper
for various spell checker engines" - In addition to what wwp mentioned
in his email, it can make use of the aspell spellchecker and its
wordlists -

I am on Debian and use packages like aspell-[language-code] - for
example aspell-en for english or aspell-sv for swedish.

best regards
/Andreas