[Users] Moving files

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Wed Jan 4 17:54:08 CET 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:36:38 +0000
Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I want to move my entire Claws setup to a different machine with a different
> username but retaining all the email history etc.
>
> In other words move from /home/foo to /home/bar
>
> I suspect that some entries in the various Claws files will be using full
> length names like /home/foo/{somefile}
>
> Is there a simple way to find and change these?

I have moved to a different partition (i.e. debian stable to debian testing)
and what worked for me was to start claws once in the new /home, and give it
the setup information for 1 account, and it will then create a Mail and
a .claws-mail folder, and then I copy over the same folders from the previous
partition (which I've already mounted). I then let it over-write any files it
wants in the destination folder(s).

hth.

Cia W.