[Users] Cannot open attachment in sent mail

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Jan 4 10:20:11 CET 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:49:43 +0100
Nicolas Iselin <nicolas.claws at iselin.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am quite new to Claws Mail and maybe I am missing something obvious.
> I have some Mails in my "sent" Folder where I have added attachments.
>
> I would like now to open the attachment when viewing the sent mail. But
> a right-click on the Attachment (in the Attachment Tab) offers only
> "add", "remove" and "properties". Using copy&paste of the path and
> going to the command line, I manage to open the attachment.
>
> But there should be a simpler way, similar to a received email. What am
> I missing?

I have normal attachment icons for the messages in my sent folder that
have attachments, but then the only place I have an attachment tab is
in a compose window, not in a message in the sent folder.

Claws only actually encodes and adds the attachment when you either send
or save to drafts, so you can't see the attachment until this point has
been passed.

If I have misunderstood what you're saying please ask again.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde