[Users] Long recipient lists are difficult to see

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Feb 22 16:08:47 CET 2012

Yesterday, I sync'd claws-mail and claws-mail-extra-plugins from Debian to
Ubuntu 12.04.  Yay!  I get to use 3.8.0 now!

I've noticed one weird problem though.  If this is really a bug, I'll happily
file a bug report on it, but maybe there's a good workaround (secret config
:).

When I compose a reply that has many recipients, I used to (IIRC) see the top
To: header and as many CC: headers as would fit in 3 lines.  Now I see the
bottom bunch 5 CCs but not the top To: header.

I know this is probably a usability nightmare since if there were say 20 or so
recipients, you could end up shrinking the body of the reply to almost nothing
if you were to show them all.  Most messages don't have that many though, and
I find myself really wanting to see all the recipients.

Probably the best thing to do would be to have some keybinding like the
equivalent of 'V' in the message view that shows all the message summaries and
hides the body of the current message.  That or keybindings to scroll the
recipients list up and down.

I almost never want to send a message without verifying the full recipients
list, but I think 3.7 worked a little better in this regard.  Still, I'd love
for a keyboard-y way of doing this.  Sure you can switch to the mouse and drag
down the separator bar, but... ick, the mouse! :)

Cheers,
-Barry

P.S. let me know if you find any problems in claws-mail on Ubuntu.