[Users] how do I change the mailbox location?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 11:12:22 CET 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:06:26 -0500
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the original poster means that, for example, the #mh is set
> to /home/username and wants to know how to change it
> to /home/username/mail.
>
> I would be interested to know how this would be done as well - not
> because I need to do it (mine is set to /home/username/Mail and I
> think that got determined during my initial set-up a long, long time
> ago), but because I can't figure out how I would do it if I wanted
> to. (:

I didn't understand that 'tidy up' meant 'move the mailbox to a
different location'.

Supposing your mailbox at ~/Mail and you want it in
~/NewLocation/Mail :

On the command line:

cp -R ~/Mail/ ~/NewLocation/

In Claws Mail:

/File/Add Mailbox/MH..
	in the dialogue write:
		NewLocation/Mail
	Click OK

That's it.

Following this you will probably want to remove the old mailbox:
In Claws Mail
	Right-click the top-level folder, (e.g. 'Mailbox (MH)') and
	choose 'Remove mailbox.

This won't destroy the files and directories on the filesystem, so
maybe you also want to remove them there too.

FYI, the Add mailbox' dialogue takes a path relative to your home
directory, or a full path.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune