[Users] 3.7.9 "Move to trash" different from 3.7.8 <SOLVED>

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Feb 17 01:58:12 CET 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:47:39 -0500
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> Steve Litt wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > Now I installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my daughter's machine, with
> > Claws-Mail 3.7.9, and it behaves like other email clients and
> > simply moves the message to the trash folder. Gone are the marked
> > grays.
>
> > I think I like the marked gray way better, especially because
> > Claws-Mail has no Edit->Undo for when you trash one too many
> > messages. I looked and could find no config option to switch
> > between these two methods of handling the trash, but possibly one
> > of you knows how to do it.
>
> Make sure this box is not checked:
>
> Preferences --> Summaries --> Message list --> Execute immediately
> when moving or deleting messages

As Little Girl notes above, if Preferences --> Summaries --> Message
list --> Execute immediately is checked, then it acts like other email
programs and puts the deleted email right in the designated trash
folder. If Preferences --> Summaries --> Message
list --> Execute immediately is NOT checked, then keeps the message in
place, but turns it light gray and marks it.

I'm still making up my mind, but tend to like the way it marks and
lightgray's it better.

Thanks Little Girl.

SteveT