[Users] 3.7.9 "Move to trash" different from 3.7.8

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Feb 16 10:13:23 CET 2012

Hi all,

I started on Claws-Mail 3.7.8 hosted on Ubuntu 11.04, after emigrating
away from Kmail. If you remember, the "move to trash" function confused
me because instead of moving it to trash, it:

1) Marked the message
2) Turned the message obviously lightgray
3) Shift+Ctrl+z was "hide deleted" and made the lightgrays go away

At the time I thought this was very wierd, but after a week got used to
it and actually liked it better than other email clients' behavior of
moving the trashed message to the trash folder.

Now I installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my daughter's machine, with Claws-Mail
3.7.9, and it behaves like other email clients and simply moves the
message to the trash folder. Gone are the marked grays.

I think I like the marked gray way better, especially because
Claws-Mail has no Edit->Undo for when you trash one too many messages.
I looked and could find no config option to switch between these two
methods of handling the trash, but possibly one of you knows how to do
it.

Another minor problem I'm having with 3.7.9 is that I cannot assign D
(not Ctrl+D) but just D to the "Move to trash" menu item. When I try
to, it asks me if I want to delete the message, as if D were the hotkey
for deletion. But I set the hotkey for deletion to Ctrl+Shift+D. Has
anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks

SteveT