[Users] randomly parts of claws configuration get corrupted

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Tue Feb 14 17:05:55 CET 2012

Am Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:40:04 -0500
schrieb Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com>:

> If you've been seeing this for a while, I'd be suspecting [a bad spot
> on] the HD. Do you have an additional drive on your system?  If so,
> try moving your ~/.claws-mail folder there and symlink to the new
> location in your home directory. This should stabilize things if it
> is the HD.  Then, you'll have to decide how long you can wait before
> replacing it...  :)

I find that highly unlikely. smartctl gives me no indication of
hd-errors and it's exclusively claws that has this problem.

It is always pretty similar, so I'm almost certain it's a bug.
accountrc gets always truncated to exactly 14079, if that is worth
anything.

Hanno Böck		mail/jabber: hanno at hboeck.de
GPG: BBB51E42		http://www.hboeck.de/