[Users] multithreaded CM redux

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Feb 8 22:09:31 CET 2012

One case where CM single-threadedness is particularly painful is when
selecting Execute to move all marked messages to Trash.  This can lock up CM
for several seconds to a minute or two or more.  I'm using a local dovecot
IMAP server, so network speed and bandwidth should be no problem, but the
server is not the zippiest machine around (neither is the client for that
matter).

It would be nice if the CM ui were still responsive and I could still read
messages while the 'Execute' operation was occurring.

Cheers,
-Barry