[Users] How to minimize Claws-Mail caching?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Feb 7 10:38:24 CET 2012

Hi all,

My email is kept in a Maildir tree served out by Dovecot on my desktop.
My plan is for Claws-Mail to be pretty much a front end for that
Dovecot IMAP server. The problem is this:

slitt at mydesk:~/.claws-mail/imapcache/127.0.0.1/slitt/OLDFOLDERS$ du -h
--max-depth 1 . | sort -h | tail -n10
14M     ./gainsville
16M     ./politics
24M     ./lyx-users
71M     ./leaplist
100M    ./golug
125M    ./cfgeeks
188M    ./pub-forum
403M    ./in
1.6G    ./out
2.6G    .
slitt at mydesk:~/.claws-mail/imapcache/127.0.0.1/slitt/OLDFOLDERS$

All that stuff is just a duplicate of my IMAP stuff. Is there a way to
quit this caching without risking deletion of the emails from the IMAP
server?

Thanks

SteveT