[Users] Weird failure...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Feb 6 18:59:09 CET 2012

Hi,

Not sure if I should bug this -- I've probably been playing Russian
Roulette and finally hit the loaded chamber of this gun...  :)

I've been shutting down, rather than sleeping my laptop (due to a kernel
bug), with all apps running.  The nice thing is that they all come back
up automatically at bootup.

Anyway, did that this morning, and when I booted up at the office, I got
the CM splash screen (unexpected) and a CM window with initial settings.
I couldn't even exit CM until I located the splash screen on another
desktop.

Found the cause of this weird startup to be due to now missing accountrc
and clawsrc files...  (fortunately, I had backups).

Just curious if there's any value in trying to track down why these 2
files were deleted when CM received a shutdown signal?

Until cvs10, shutting down this way was always fine.  This was the very
first time shutting down after cvs26 -- I'll do it again tonight to see
if this is repeatable...   :)

Cheers,
Pierre