[Users] Strange things which test my patience

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu Feb 2 06:27:07 CET 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 22:52:47 +0000 Cliff Laine wrote:

>1) I have two email accounts in CM.

You give symptoms; but not a clue as to what your setup, filters, POP v.
IMAP, leave-on-server, etc look like...

I run two instances of CM with about a half-dozen accounts each (all
POP) with some filters forwarding from one to another, and to other
users without problem. This includes many messages being POP retrieved
in parallel by my Blackberry. Only one instance of CM on any account is
responsible for deleting messages from the servers -- *after* all
contingencies are covered, including lack of access for days. Some
filters delete messages automatically. Yet, I never lose messages I
expect to keep.

One must know what each account and filter are really doing before
blamimg CM for what _sounds_ like setup/timing issues...

Pierre