[Users] a few questions from a new user

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Dec 27 09:59:33 CET 2012

  Hi,

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 23:01:40 -0500
RSV-RR <rsv869 at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Hello group -
>
> I'm a new user considering converting to Claws and have a few qustions:
>

> I see understand how to archive but haven't yet seen how to recover
> from that archive.

  Archiving is done with standard methods, so standard tools can be used to
  unarchive them (bzip2, unzip, cpio, tar, etc.).

> Is there a way to automate the archive process so it can be done
> regularly?

  Not that I know without resorting to external methods. From those
  questions seems you're confusing archive plugin with a backup plugin.
  It's not, but I guess it could be extended for that purpose.

> How can mail be imported from other mail applications?  I see only a
> import of one mbox folder at a time but the application currently
> being used is Evolution, with lots of folders.

  You can have a look at the mailbox conversion section in the tools page:
  http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php

> I'm sure there will be more but thanks.

  You're welcome. Don't forget to check the FAQ¹ and the manual² ;-)

  regards,

¹ http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Main_Page
² http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html
--