[Users] Filtering windows problem (cannot close)

Victoria S. 1 at VictoriasJourney.com
Wed Dec 26 00:20:29 CET 2012

Thank you for that reply, but (in my case: Ubuntu), there is no background window present.

----- Original Message(s): -----
Date: 2012 Dec 25 (Tue) 17:35
From: Rich Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Filtering windows problem (cannot close)

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 09:58:18 -0800
"Victoria S." <1 at VictoriasJourney.com> wrote:

> Often when I am editing or creating a Filter, and I make a mistake,
> the Filtering window / dialog windows will not respond, so I have to
> (Linux System Monitor) kill Claws and restart the program.

There's probably a settings window hidden behind the main window.
That's what's blocking the UI. Use Alt-Tab (typically) to cycle that
window forward or try to pick it from the task bar if your desktop
environment uses one. This happens on Macintosh (CM compiled for
XQuartz). I'm not sure if this is a Claws bug or an Xorg bug.

--
Rich P.