[Users] Claws Mail PPA - Debian

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Dec 24 01:44:07 CET 2012

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:46:36 +0000
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:48:46 +0100
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:35:07 +0000
> > Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net> wrote:
>

> > > Ricardo has said that it will be included in backports once wheezy
> > > is stable.
> >
> >   Well... :) I said I would _try_ to do that myself, but my time is
> > limited, and I cannot guarantee I can do it. So backporters to help
> > with this task are welcome more than ever! Anyone? ;)
>

> I don’t understand, isn't it a simple job of just uploading it to the
> backports repo, as it already works with wheezy?

  It could be that simple at the beginning, yes, but as new versions are
  released and the development of sid continues towards next stable the
  dependencies tend to diverge. New ones appear, others get removed, and you
  may have to maintain other backported packages so the main package can be
  installed in a stable+backports system. And of course you have to maintain
  systems to be able to build all those packages. In fact it's still simple,
  but as it evolves, it just requires more and more time.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~