[Users] convert from Thunderbird

Inigo Aldazabal Mensa inigo_aldazabal at ehu.es
Thu Dec 20 09:48:20 CET 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 01:34:13 +0100
Uwe <mm at edor.eu> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:06:09 -0500
> "Rodney D. Myers" <rod_myers at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:00:15 +0100
> > Uwe <mm at edor.eu> wrote:
> >

> > > you should go here:
> > >
> > > http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

> > > best regards,
> > > Uwe
> >
> > Thank you. Got everything working. I think.
> >
> > Not sure who maintains the scripts, but the filter script converted
> > them, but I had to edit all of the paths to reflect the "correct"
> > paths.
> >
> > Otherwise, it appears to have worked
> >
> > Again thank you
> >

> after you do a import of a mbox file, the small symbols for
> attachments, signature and encryption are not shown in the messages
> list. After opening each mail in claws, the small symbols come up.
>
> Do you have this issue? I made a script for these, some years ago.

I am interested in such script, if possible. I just made a script to
migrate kmail flags over to claws, but could not manage the attachments
flag part as it didn't seem to be written to .claws_mark, as far as I
could tell.

The solution I found was to make a fake processing rule and, after first
kmail import and subsequent flags postprocessing, batch process all
folders on claws startup so that the attachment flags appear. This took
a while as I have about 10GB of emails, but it just has to be done once.

If possible I'd like to add this feature to the script.

Bests,

Inigo