[Users] E-Mail Printing under FreeBSD

edwardp at mcom.com edwardp at mcom.com
Fri Dec 7 23:15:18 CET 2012

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:27:44 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:27:10 -0500, edwardp at mcom.com said:
> > I have been using FreeBSD on-and-off for the past couple of weeks
> > (by swapping hard drives, Linux on one, FreeBSD (as PC-BSD 9.0) on
> > the other).
> >
> > When I printed an e-mail from the FreeBSD port of Claws, the first
> > line at the top of the page was chopped off.
> >
> > I'm curious to know if this is a FreeBSD problem or perhaps a
> > problem with the Claws port.  The printer is an HP DeskJet 932C,
> > HPLIP (also installed) provides full support for this model.
> >
> > I was able to (somewhat) solve a printing issue with the SeaMonkey
> > (SM) suite, printing web pages by adjusting one of the right margin
> > settings in the configuration file, however the URL which should
> > normally print at the upper right of the page with SM and Firefox,
> > does not print in with the FreeBSD port of SM, so this could be an
> > altogether different issue.
> >
> > Thanks in advance..
>
> Hi edwardp,
>
> I have a FreeBSD laptop sitting in the next room. If you tell me the
> exact procedure by which you printed your email, I'll try to reproduce
> your symptom. By the way, my Claws, on both Linux and BSD, are set to
> not render html email, so that might be a diff3erence.
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT

I think I really brought up an interesting problem here.  :)

Once Claws Mail is installed and after the first e-mail account is
created, there is a 'default' e-mail that appears in the Inbox folder,
welcoming the user to Claws Mail.  This is an all-text e-mail with
links, no HTML.

I simply clicked the Print icon, the print dialog box appeared, I
selected the HP printer and clicked 'Print'.

The top line of the printout that resulted, was chopped off.