[Users] E-Mail Printing under FreeBSD

Olive not0read0765 at yopmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:16:51 CET 2012

Le 07/12/12, Jerry a écrit :
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:27:28 +0100
> Olive articulated:
>
> > The lpr oprions sends by default a Postscript file while the direct
> > print send a PDF (if the behaviour is the same as in the recent
> > version of GNU/Linux). I have had problem with pdf printing too.
> > First try to print with your printer switched off; then go
> > to /var/spool/cups and find the generated file (it should be a pdf)
> > and cancel the print. Copy this file out of the directory and try to
> > print it to see what happens. You can try also to put cups in debug
> > mode to see exactly what command are called or try to force CUPS to
> > use the Postscript backend (the files to edit are the *.convs file).
>
> Sorry, no such file. a file named: "0b78350cd4ffe" was created in the
> "/var/spool/cups/tmp" directory though.

The files will not have the *.pdf or *.ps extension, there will have
filename as such: d00878-00 and will be deleted after printing (this is
wy you have to physically switch your printer off, to prevent deletion).
According to the installation, the files can well be
in /var/spool/cups/tmp or so; try to identify a ps or pdf file with the
file command.

Olive