[Users] E-Mail Printing under FreeBSD

Olive not0read0765 at yopmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:01:07 CET 2012

Le 06/12/12, edwardp at mcom.com a écrit :
> I have been using FreeBSD on-and-off for the past couple of weeks (by
> swapping hard drives, Linux on one, FreeBSD (as PC-BSD 9.0) on the
> other).
>
> When I printed an e-mail from the FreeBSD port of Claws, the first
> line at the top of the page was chopped off.
>
> I'm curious to know if this is a FreeBSD problem or perhaps a problem
> with the Claws port.  The printer is an HP DeskJet 932C, HPLIP (also
> installed) provides full support for this model.
>
> I was able to (somewhat) solve a printing issue with the SeaMonkey
> (SM) suite, printing web pages by adjusting one of the right margin
> settings in the configuration file, however the URL which should
> normally print at the upper right of the page with SM and Firefox,
> does not print in with the FreeBSD port of SM, so this could be an
> altogether different issue.
>
> Thanks in advance..

I do not know the answer but here are a few things you should do to
figure out the problem.

First print to a file; and see the result (it should print to a PDF or
PS file) with a PDF viewer. Then print the file with the lpr command (I
am assuming you use CUPS). These steps will normally reveal if
claws-mail or your printing system is in cause and tell you where to
investigate. I suspect it is a problem with your printing system. Try
to look at the web (not necessarily in relation to FreeBSD).

Olive